Friday, June 1, 2007

What is your Power Bird?

I found a brief quiz on the web that tells you your "Power Bird" (via CyberThrush at Ivory-bills LiVE!!). Answer a few not-so-simple questions and they present your Power Bird. My result:

Your Power Bird is a Cardinal

You believe that each day is precious, and you spend your times as best as you can.
You see the wonder in small things, and you are often content with what you have.
You live an interesting, colorful life - and you bring color to those around you.
Confident and expressive, you believe you know how to live a good life. You're living it!

The funny thing, as in "strange," not "ha, ha," is that my daughter (who is three) pegged this months ago. During the Project FeederWatch season she would sit next to me with her binoculars around her neck, a notepad in one hand and pencil in the other, and watch with me. Every time a cardinal flew in she'd jump up, drop everything in her hands, and yell, "Daddy! It's your favorite!"

I have never considered cardinals my "favorite," but I'd humor her, "Yeah! Cardinal at the feeder! Whoo-hoo!" My excitement was genuine, but purposely misplaced: I was excited she could identify a cardinal (she already knows her common feeder birds, now we're gearing up to work on those "confusing fall warblers").

Two things to mention: I don't really have a favorite bird. With a gun to my head I could probably pick one, but there are just too many interesting things about each species it's impossible to select one over the others. Also, the summary of my Power Bird seems pretty accurate, at least I like to think. I'm just glad an external source, outside of my own head, recognizes it!



1 comment:

Heidi said...

This is awesome! My powerbird is an Eagle.

Locations of visitors to this page