Thursday, May 3, 2007

Trip List - Ithaca locations

Boy, with everything that's been going on I'm way behind. I already wrote about the highlights of the recent Spring Field Ornithology trip I lead (with Jay McGowan), and now I'm finally posting the cumulative trip list. I will do this with all my birding trips, and I'll try to be better about the timing!

I highlighted my "first of the year" birds in bold. You can tell a couple of things: I haven't birded much outside of my immediate area, and some birds are slowly arriving. So birds like Carolina Wren that do occur around here, just not on our hill, were new due to the former, and birds like Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and Ruby-crowned Kinglet were new due to the latter.

More about this trip was posted earlier.

More to come -- I lead another trip this weekend and I'm hoping for a good show of newly arrived migrants.

SFO Local Trip
Date: 21 April 2007
Location(s): New York, Ithaca: Sapsucker Woods, Ithaca City Cemetery, Stewart Park
Observers: 15, co-leader was Jay McGowan
Total: 59 species - new birds for the year are in bold

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Mallard
Blue-winged Teal
Green-winged Teal
Ring-necked Duck
Greater Scaup
Lesser Scaup
Bufflehead
Common Merganser
Red-breasted Merganser
Common Loon
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Merlin
Killdeer
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
Blue Jay
American Crow
Tree Swallow
Barn Swallow
Black-capped Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Red-breasted Nuthatch
White-breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin
European Starling
American Pipit
Chipping Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Northern Cardinal
Red-winged Blackbird
Rusty Blackbird
Common Grackle
Brown-headed Cowbird
Purple Finch
House Finch
American Goldfinch
House Sparrow

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page