Saturday, April 25, 2009

Where in the World? Day Three

Earlier I mentioned we've chosen an exotic location to visit this fall, but instead of blatantly disclosing it I turned it into a quiz. Yes, I'm one of those annoying parents, one that rarely answers a question directly when I can get the kids (mine and others) to figure it out themselves.

Previous clues are listed below along with today's additional hint. I'll keep going for at least five clues even if someone guesses correctly, then as long as it takes for someone to figure it out. Each day (or so) I'll post the full set of clues for your convenience - the suite of characteristics should eventually lead you to the right place.

1. Climate
The average temperature in October is reported to be between 76* - 80*F, average rainfall in October is approximately 6.7 inches.

2. Topography
The land is primarily mountains and plains. Naturally occurring wetlands include freshwater marshes, mangrove swamps, lagoons, and marine ecosystems.

3. Geographic Location
We will not cross the equator.

If you've got a guess, or want to provide interpretations, post in the comments!

-

1 comment:

slybird said...

That's starting to sound like the llanos, but I'm sure that average temperature is too cool.

Locations of visitors to this page